There are a few key tips punters should never forget when it comes to betting on the Premier League and the Champions League.
European and international football is a huge game to bet on and among the most popular with football tipsters and their football tips, and there are a lot of profit-making opportunities that abound if you know how to look for them. Besides studying the statistics, players, and coaches a great deal, here are some of the important football tips to consider whenever you’re looking to profit on the football markets.
- Home, Sweet Home. Home field advantage is one of the major trends to focus on when betting the Premier League. Most teams have more than 50% of their wins at home, and playing on their home pitch is what makes all the difference. Keep that in mind whenever you’re selecting your football tips and how an Expert football tipster performs with his tips.
- In the Premier League, its all about trends. While some clubs may have up-and-down seasons, on average by the midseason break you can get a pretty good idea of which way clubs are trending down the table. Betting against losing teams (that are not at the point of relegation yet) is a decent strategy to look for bargains, but make sure to do your homework about their state and that of the opposition.
- How clubs play in the Champions League usually does NOT determine their league play. Unlike the Premier League (and most major national football leagues) the Champions League is a huge mix of play styles and different types of match-ups you may not be used to. It’s smart to look at how clubs fared against other styles within their league, but it won’t be the most clear comparison unfortunately. A lot of calculation will be based on relative team strength, and strong KPI to watch for in your football betting system.
- Follow matchups, not national leagues. Put away any biases about one country being better than another in the Champions League. While one can make some general observations and countries often have multiple wins in a row, that can change at any given moment, so watching a particular club’s trajectory based on what is expected of them is also a good idea.
- Pay attention to playing styles. Often clubs play very good offensive or defensive football. And often those styles collide. Very strong offensive clubs matched against each other will often play high-scoring games. The opposite is true for defensive clubs.
- Don’t listen to crowd claims: upsets are pretty common. The Champions League is one of the few tournaments that is well-known for its unpredictability so it is important to take each bet on a match-by-match basis. Crowds have huge opinions on these games, but what is often forgotten is that the crowds that cheer together cry together as well. Don’t trust the crowd.
- When dealing with low-scoring clubs, look for bargains. When dealing with low-scoring or defensive clubs, find good lines on the over/under.
- Shop different lines at the bookies. While often they will try to get close together around game time, that’s not always the case. Once you’ve decided your football tips look for the best deals.
- Over/under bets can be very profitable in the Champions League. Because of the random nature of team selection and qualification, finding offensive and defensive matchups is easy, so make sure to use spread betting when it comes to those games.
- You can’t use the same rules betting on UCL as you can on the BPL. UCL is a tricky beast, and often requires a lot of background studying to be really good at. League trends often don’t matter, and clubs doing poorly in their national league having qualified for UCL the year before will often try their best to focus on a Cup to bring home. Don’t assume underdogs from current league play unless there’s a good reason.